- Looking for plugins that can help with SEO of WordPress Websites.
- Searching for plugins to get organic traffic to websites.
- Wondering to install the best SEO plugins that help to rank in search engine results.
Search engine optimization seeks to improve traffic to your website by increasing organic search engine ranks.
A good SEO plugin should assist you in creating meta tags and descriptions based on the keywords you’ve picked.
Some plugins on this list offer content analysis and improvement suggestions. Additionally, XML sitemaps are required for search engine spiders to index your site.
Top Plugins for SEO of WordPress Website
1. Rank Math
Rank Math SEO is a fantastic plugin for the SEO of WordPress Website, and it was launched in 2018. It includes everything you’ll need to control your on-page SEO fully.
Rank Math combines the capabilities of different SEO plugins.
You can control the on-page SEO of your posts, pages, products, and other taxonomies using Rank Math. You can also manage the no-index/no-follow/no-archive meta tags for all taxonomies, as well as individual posts and pages.
Rank Math is also connected with Google Search Console and keyword ranking tools so that you can stay ahead of your competitors. Furthermore, the built-in 404 monitor supports problem solutions for a better user experience.
Additionally, its module-based approach lets you pick and select the features you need without overburdening your site with unnecessary functionality.
Key-Features of RankMath :
- Schema markup
- Unlimited keywords support
- SEO auditing
- The XML Sitemap module is included with Rank Math, and the plugin also automatically pings search engines whenever you make updates to your posts.
- Rich Snippets support is available, with the possibility to select from six various sorts of snippets, such as Article, Product, Recipes, Events, Video, Local Business, and so on.
- Local and Image SEO
- Breadcrumbs optimization is available in this plugin, and no need to add additional tools.
- Internal linking suggestions
2. Yoast SEO
Yoast launched this SEO Plugin in 2010, and it is a well-known SEO plugin for WordPress that allows you to optimize your site for search engines.
It makes adding SEO titles and descriptions to all of your website’s posts and pages easy. Yoast SEO can also use it to add social media photographs and Open Graph metadata to your articles.
Yoast SEO creates an XML sitemap for your website’s content, making crawling your site easier for search engines.
If you are using another SEO plugin, then you can find an option to import all SEO Data.
The key features of Yoast SEO:
- If you have duplicate material on a page or in a post, the plugin will detect it.
- Yoast Plugin helps you in keyword optimization.
- The interlinking suggestion is a fantastic feature of this plugin, but this is only available in the pro version.
- It supports schema.org
- Can get a readability score, and it is available in a free version.
- Duplicate content check
3. All in One SEO
AIO SEO ( All in One SEO ) is one of the best SEO plugins that help you increase the ranking in search engines and SEO of WordPress website with a minimal interface.
With an easy-to-use setup, wizard AIO SEO guides you through the process of selecting the optimum SEO settings for your blog or website. AIO SEO demonstrates accurate SEO on-page analysis with an actionable checklist to optimize your articles and pages.
A smart meta tag generator is included in the on-page SEO checklist, allowing you to employ dynamic data in your SEO title and descriptions (current year, month, day, custom fields, author information, and more). It means you won’t have to republish a post to change the title for SEO purposes.
Features of All in one SEO plugin
- Rich Snippet schema markup
- Smart XML sitemaps with control
- SEO Health check
- Allows you to analyze focus keywords with additional Keyphrases.
The above three plugins are alternatives to each other, and you can use anyone on your site.
4. XML Sitemap
This plugin gives you more control over sitemap as compared to the built-in sitemap feature of WordPress.
XML Sitemaps could be a fantastic choice if getting your site indexed by search engines is your primary concern.
This plugin allows you to produce a sitemap automatically so that crawlers may examine your website. You can also keep your preferences and re-apply them whenever you publish fresh content.
If you don’t want to use sitemaps generated by the above plugins (Yoast, Rank-Math, and AIO SEO), then this is the fantastic plugin that helps you to index your WordPress website in search engines.
But, you won’t get any other features like other SEO plugins.
5. Broken Link Checker
It’s more than just stuffing keywords into your sites and posts and making your content more readable when it comes to SEO. Looking over your website and fixing any broken links is one way to be ahead of the competition.
When Google comes across a broken link (one that redirects to a 404 page), it considers it a bad user experience. Your clients don’t want to land on a blank page, after all.
By scanning your blog articles and pages, this little gem takes care of the grunt work for you. All broken connections are revealed within a few minutes.
Because the problematic links are already on the list, you can either delete them or replace them with more appropriate references.
If you keep the plugin active, it will continue to look for broken links on your site and alert you.
Features of Broken Link Checker
- No need to go on a post or page to fix a broken link, and you can make changes through the plugin’s main page.
- A feature of the WordPress SEO plugin is the ability to search and filter links.
- Yoast can use it for more than only discovering broken links in posts and pages. The plugin keeps track of comments, custom fields, and other things.
- A feature that prevents search engines from following broken links on your site is available as an option.
Tell me a puzzle: You delete a webpage because you don’t need it anymore. However, Google placed that page on the first page of search results for a high-volume term. You don’t want to lose any of the backlinks that point to the page. How can you get rid of your page without losing visitors?
The Redirection plugin will assist you in directing Google to look at a different page.
These 301 redirects are an essential component of your SEO strategy and are easy to set up. After you specify the new URL to which the page should connect, you’re done.
7. W3 Total Cache
Because every search engine aims to return sites that satisfy the searcher’s query while also offering a pleasant user experience, site speed is essential.
W3 Total Cache boosts site speed with caching, minification, and CDN integrations, making it easy to manage all of your website’s benefits in one location.
This type of plugin is ideal for website owners who manage a lot of information on their sites, such as gifs, videos, and photographs, because it directly affects a significant part of the SEO ranking and speed of the site.
8. All In One Schema Rich Snippets
A rich snippet is a Google feature that graphically enhanced search results, perhaps increasing your click-through rate. Photographs, star ratings, price, author, and other information are commonly shown on them.
As a result, securing a space in a rich snippet could help you stand out from the crowd and drive more visitors to your website.
By incorporating schema codings such as Review, Events, Recipes, Article, Products, and Services, the All In One Schema Rich Snippets plugin helps you compete for more of these snippets.
The most excellent aspect is that it can be used by anyone who isn’t a web developer.
Features of All In One Schema Rich Snippets
- Users can see a more visual framework when searching on Google.
- Events, reviews, personalities, products, recipes, and videos are among the content types supported by the plugin—for example, star rating, the number of reviews, etc.
- Because the necessary information has already been prepared, sharing your search results on Facebook is much easier.
9. Google Site Kit
Without tracking analytics and performance, there is no SEO, and MonsterInsights can help you with that.
Google Site Kit WordPress plugin integrates Google Analytics into your WordPress dashboard and delivers actionable recommendations for improvement.
You can integrate Page Speed insights, AdSense, Search Console with Analytics.
Suppose you want to understand how and why people reach your website. This tool can assist you in improving the visitor experience.
The speed of your website has a significant impact on your search engine rankings. As a result, you should keep an eye on your website’s speed and performance to ensure that it isn’t impacting your SEO.
You can use the accessible version of this plugin if your website traffic is less than 5k per month. However, for a high-traffic website, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid version. Nitropack is one of the best plugins for the SEO of WordPress Websites.
Individually or in bulk, Smush Image can reduce the size of your photographs to 1MB (or 5MB if you upgrade to the paid version).
It’s a simple plugin for newbies. After installing this plugin on an existing site, you have to go to Settings > Media to enable it. It will optimize all of your current photos. Smush will automatically optimize any new photos you submit.
Features of Smush plugin
- Lossless Compression- This plugin will compress your images on the website without losing quality.
- Lazy Load – Lazy load feature of this plugin makes your website faster. The lazy load feature will help you in your WordPress website SEO.
- Incorrect image size detection- You can easily find the images by incorrect sizes.
- Compress any image in any directory.
Why are these plugins important for the SEO of WordPress websites?
For any WordPress site, a high-quality WordPress SEO plugin is essential. It’s possible that your theme already has SEO settings. However, an SEO plugin makes it simple to move your settings from one to the next if you redesign.
Let’s look at all of the critical functions that most SEO plugins provide and see if they add value to your website.
Suppose your site has a lot of categories, so it’s complicated to navigate. Breadcrumbs are a great way to assist users in finding their way around.
In terms of SEO, Google sometimes displays breadcrumbs Search results.
On the other hand, breadcrumbs are not a ranking factor. However, not all websites use breadcrumbs. You can rank higher without breadcrumbs, but you can’t ignore the user experience on your website, and this factor is important for the SEO of WordPress Website.
You can build canonical URLs for your website with most SEO plugins.
The truth is that you don’t require canonical URLs if you have a decent 301 redirection in place. Let’s have a look at how it’s performed.
Let’s understand with an example: Your WordPress website is accessible with the “WWW” or “without WWW” version. If you have HTTPS on your website, you can access your website with HTTPS and HTTP.
But, if you can access these four versions, then you can face copy content issues. So, SEO plugins can help tell Google that one URL is original and others are copies of the primary URL.
Top WordPress Themes are using Canonical tags, and you don’t need to use SEO plugins for these tags. But, if your WordPress theme doesn’t have these tags, you can get help with SEO plugins.
The XML sitemap is a list of pages and posts links in the form of a file to help Google to find links and indexes in the search results.
You want Google to crawl all of your website’s essential pages, and then an XML sitemap is mandatory.
Many plugins have auto-generated XML sitemap features, and this feature helps you increase the SEO of your WordPress site by indexing links to the search results.
Keyword Analysis and Readability
Many SEO plugins have this feature to analyze the focus keywords and readability in your content.
If your readability score is high, then the user can easily understand your content. But, with poor readability, many users can face problems reading your content, and then the bounce rate will increase due to this.
SEO plugins can help you to increase your readability score.
The focus keyword is the essential part of your article in On-page SEO. SEO plugins analyze the focus keywords in your writing.
You can understand how many times you used that particular keyword in your article, and this thing helps in the SEO of your WordPress site.
Title and Meta Description Tags
SEO experts or Bloggers can understand the importance of Title and Meta description for SEO of WordPress Website. But, I want to tell beginners that Title and Meta’s Description is playing a vital role in the SEO of your site.
If your keywords are placed correctly in the Title and meta description, it increases the chances of searching for results.
These plugins help you edit the Title and meta description and show you how your title and meta description look in search results.
FAQ related to SEO Plugins
- Can I use the Yoast SEO plugin with Rank Math or any other SEO plugin at one time on my site?
No, it’s not a good option to use both SEO Plugins on a single website. It can impact the SEO of your blog or website.
- Which one is the best plugin for XML site maps?
If you are not using Rank Math, Yoast, AIO SEO, or alternative plugins, you can use the Google XML Sitemap plugin.
- Can I use a dedicated XML sitemap plugin with Rank Math, Yoast, AIO SEO Plugins?
Yes, first, disable the sitemap generated by other SEO plugins (Rank Math, Yoast, or AIO SEO, etc.), then you can use a dedicated XML sitemap plugin.
- Best alternatives of the w3 Total Cache plugin?WP Super Cache, LiteSpeed Cache, WP Fastest Cache are some alternatives of W3 Total Cache.
- Can I use these SEO plugins with any theme?
It makes no difference which theme you use. These plugins are compatible with any WordPress theme.
- Can I do WordPress SEO without the plugins?
Yes, WordPress SEO without plugins is possible if you are an expert in coding. Plugins make these tasks easy, and anyone can control many things with SEO Plugins.
- Is WordPress is good for SEO?
Yes, WordPress is the best platform to build a website, and it’s good for SEO.
- Which one is the best plugin for SEO of WordPress Website?
Yoast and Rank math is the best SEO Plugins for WordPress. If you are looking for premium features in the free version, then go with Rank Math.
- Are XML Sitemaps important for the SEO of WordPress Websites?
Yes, when we submit an XML sitemap in the search console, Google indexes those links in the search result. So, XML sitemaps are very important for the SEO of WordPress Websites.
- 6 Best Author Box Plugins for WordPress – FREE
- Blogging vs YouTube: Better option to earn money online?
- GeneratePress theme review – All Features Free and premium version
SEO of WordPress Website, Best plugins for SEO of WordPress theme, Top plugins for WordPress, Top 10 SEO plugins for WordPress.
If you have any questions, then you can ask us in the comment box. Share this article on social media platforms and with your friends. Thanks!
SEO of WordPress Website, Best plugins for SEO of WordPress theme, Top plugins for WordPress, Top 10 SEO plugins for WordPress.