A generate press theme is available with excellent and super fast speed. But are you thinking about a free version of the GeneratePress WordPress theme?
No doubt, GeneratePress is one of the most trusted WordPress themes with highly customizable features. In this GeneratePress review, we will discuss all features with pros and cons of the free and premium version.
Why Choose GeneratePress theme
Tom Usborne is the creator of GeneratePress. Generate Press is a theme that focuses on speed and performance. With more than 80,000 happy customers and more than 34,31,000 downloads, it is a modern lightweight world best team available in the market.
Generate Press is available in both versions, free and paid. One MB is an average WordPress Theme, but the GeneratePress theme is 30KB in size when installed. Let’s have a look at some points of Generatepress.
Fast & Light Weight
GeneratePress is a lightweight and speedy WordPress theme. This theme is genuinely Built for performance. The size of this theme is less than 30KB. Minimal coding and less distracting elements make it better in speed.
GeneratePress theme is known for high speed and performance.
The main focus of this WordPress theme is clean code and excellent performance. With the modules of this theme, you can easily enable and disable the elements according to your needs, which helps in making it faster and high in performance.
No coding is required. With live preview, you can customize things with the default WordPress Customizer.
You can easily choose the layout of the page and post with this theme. You can change the style and location of the sidebar, the number of widgets that you want to use in the footer, how you can disable elements on top bar header content etc.
With this layout option, you can access the specific layouts of the generate press WordPress theme. You can have access to 45 + pre-built Demo from the site library, and you can edit these Demos by using page builder.
GeneratePress Elements: It is the most fantastic feature of this theme. You can easily add codes in all sections separately and add a custom header and footer to individual posts and pages with this feature.
there are four types of elements are available
- Block Element: You can create custom blocks in your website like custom section, footer and Header design, sidebar etc.
- Header Element: You can customize things in the Header like what type of metadata and how you want to show the Title, author, date, etc.
- Hook Element: This element allows you to add custom code in any section like custom code in Header.php or footer.phpFor Example: To add Google Analytics code, we need an extra plugin or the second option to add it manually in the Header.php file. But with this Hook element, we can add Google Analytics code in the Header without any help from the extra plugin.
- Layout Element: With this element, you can create a different layout of your website for separate categories and pages.
Customization is an essential part of any website, and GeneratePress is amazing in customization.
This theme is approved on WordPress.org, and that makes it more secure. This theme is one of the most secured themes because GenratePress uses the minimal and most stable coding standard.
You will get updates time by time, and no need to overthink about the security with this theme.
Schema is microdata that you can add to the HTML code. This microdata will help Google to understand the content. Search engine like Google read these data and show in the search result.
Generate Press WordPress theme is fully compatible with Schema. Because of Schema, your website boosts communication with search engines.
Core GeneratePress WordPress theme is available 100% free of cost. But for advance customization, you need the GeneratePress Premium Plugin. It cost $59.00, but it is also quite affordable, and you can use this with unlimited websites.
With a $59 Plan, you will get
- Premium Features and Modules
- One year of premium support
- Full access to the Site Library
- One year Update
- Use on up to 500 websites
You can get the lifetime plan, and it cost $249, which means pay $249 and get lifetime access and enjoy this plan on unlimited sites(500) and lifetime Support and Updates.
GP Theme is responsive with multiple screen sizes and devices like mobile, tablet and laptops.
This theme is doing an excellent job of staying responsive on multiple screens after any type of customization. You can customize the layout, padding for different devices.
Support & Documentation
GP theme has a support forum; You can ask questions directly in that forum.
Exhaustive documentation has this theme. If you need any help or need to know like installation, Custome CSS, PHP, Hooks, premium plugin filters, etc., you can easily find it on the documentation.
I am sure you will not be stuck with anything if you are using GeneratePress.
The theme is compatible with all popular modern plugins like WooCommerce, BuddyPress, Schema, Yoast SEO and much more with updated WordPress Version.
GeneratePress free and Premium Pros and cons
There are some fantastic features of the Generatepress Free Version that make this theme popular.
GeneratePress Free Version
- Fast Loading
- Light Weight
- Mobile, SEO Friendly
- 14 pro Modules
- No Limited Time
- Custom CSS
- Reset Option
- Typography & Font Editing
- Limited Customization
- Technical Support not Available
- Copyright Text not removable
- Required some Coding
GeneratePress Premium Version
- All Features of the free version
- Child Theme Support
- 45+ Demo available
- 100+ Customization Option
- Free Tech Support
- Header options available
- Custom Copyright
- All Section editable
- Hooks and Elements
- Mega Menu
- Trying to find some 😉
Are you confused between Free and premium GeneratePress?
We had discussed the pros and cons of the general press free version and premium version but if you are still confused, let’s look at these points.
Go with GeneratePress free Theme
- If you want to design a WordPress blog with good-looking content.
- If you have coding knowledge with HTML and CSS
- Or you already have a page builder like Beaver Builder for Elementor.
Go with GeneratePress Premium Theme
- Want to build a professional blog or WordPress website
- if you don’t want to write a single line of code to create a WordPress website
- if you’re going to start WooCommerce Store
- Wish to access demos from Generate Press theme