There are two easy ways available to send the Google Doc file by Email.
Download Google Docs file and attach in email is an old method. But if you want know that how to download Google Doc file then you can checkout the guide on AsktoNarwal.
Table of Contents
Send a Google Doc as an email attachment on desktop
#1: Email a Google Doc by using Google Docs platform.
Google Docs provide a option to send the particular file as an attachment by email. You can follow this path on Google Docs platform.
Click on “File” > Email > Email this file.
You can find “File” option on the top menu bar. When you click on File option then you can see Email option in the drop down list. Hover the mouse on Email and You will see “Email this file”.
When you click on Email this file, you will get a popup with the option to send a email.
Now, you can send this file to any email. Enter the email address and check the “Send yourself a copy” box if you want to send a copy to your own Gmail.
You can select the file format for attachment, and click on send button.
#2: Email Google Docs file from Gmail.
You can directly send the Google Docs file by using Gmail. You don’t need to download the file, you can directly link your Google Docs file on Gmail.
Follow these steps:
- Click on “Compose” and you will see one message box on your screen.
- Now, click on Google Drive Icon.
- Now, one popup will come with the list of your Google Drive files.
- Select your file, and click on insert button. You can send multiple files of your Google Drive.
- All files will be sent as Google Drive Link.
These are the two methods, to send a Google Doc file by email on desktop.
Email a Google Doc file on Android Mobile/iPhone
Send directly by Google Docs app
We can send Google Doc file on iPhone with two ways.
- Open Google Docs app on your Android Mobile/iPhone.
- Open your file which you want to send.
- Click on three dots from overflow menu, and find an option called “Share and Export”.
- Now, click on “Send a Copy”
- One popup will come, you can select format form the list, and click on “OK” button.
- Now You can see many options to share your files, depends on apps you have on your iPhone.
- Select mail option.
Now, you can send the selected file as an attachment with your iPhone.
- Open Google Docs application on your mobile.
- Now, all the files will be come in the list or grid form.
- You can see three dots with all of your files, click on three dots.
- Look for “Send a Copy” option.
- Select file format and click on “OK” button.
- Select “mail” option from the app list.
- Your file will be attached in your mail, and you can send it by click on send icon.
You can also send your Google Docs file by using Gmail on iPhone.
Send Google Docs/Google Drive file from gmail on iPhone
To send a G docs file from gmail o iPhone you can follow these steps:
- Open your Gmail app, if you don’t have the Gmail app then you can download it for, this link. Gmail App for iPhone, Gmail for Android.
- Now, click on compose icon. You can find this option in bottom right corner.
- Tap on Attach icon, and then click on Drive icon.
- Select your file, which you want to send.
- Now, tap on send button.
These are the ways to email a Google Doc files, and if you have any question related to this post you can ask us in the comment box.